Issue 08 | Summer 2016
Eight by Eight’s 8th issue presents 116 beautiful pages dedicated to the beautiful game: football. Inside, you’ll find long-form features penned by some of the world’s most acclaimed journalists; vibrant illustration and photography; and aggressive, modern design.
- The New Prince of Italy: Marco Verratti is never happier than when he’s suiting up for the Azzurri. By Paolo Bandini and Roger Neve.
- 100 Years of Fortitude: Copa America has been small, big, bad, and great over the past 100 years, and this year’s party should be the best yet. By Jonathan Wilson and Ben Kirchner.
- Inside the Mystic: Running Chelsea like a benevolent Rasputin, there’s no disputin’ the magical spell cast by Roman Abramovich. By Simon Kuper and Diego Patino.
- Two-footed. Single-minded: Fabian Johnson may have been born and raised in Munich, but his heart is 100% with the USMNT. By Uli Hesse.
- All Eyes on Paul: Paul Pogba might already be the best box-to-box midfielder on the planet. But leading France to victory will take more than skill alone. By Paolo Bandini.
- Patrick and the Third Rail: What the hell is Patrick Vieira doing in New York? By Corley Miller and Andrew Hetherington.
- The Last Great Tournament: After these championships, no more cockeyed carnivals of revelry, pageantry, and celebration. By John Doyle and Jungyeon Roh.
- The Face of a Nation: There’s a reason why Karim Benzema is absent from France’s hall of idols. And it starts with his name. By Philippe Auclair.
Plus: Joachim Löw, Zlatan Ibrahimović, Paulo Dybala, England vs. Wales, Robin van Persie’s sad Euro 2016 watch party and a special PUMA supplement comes with every Issue 08!
Are you looking for the digital edition? Click here for more information.
Free Shipping for U.S. orders!
(International shipping will be added at checkout)
Please allow 5-7 days for shipping within the U.S and 2-4 weeks for International.